Thursday, April 28, 2011

ON BUILDING ONE'S CONFIDENCE

A fellow teacher celebrated her birthday today. I was pleased with her invitation. Not only did we enjoy free lunch but it provided us the chance to know her more. I was able to see beyond her skin and able to feel for her and her lack of self confidence. She needs a gift that will have a lifelong effect on her rather than a short-lived one. She deserves gifts that are intangible and inexpensive - the gift of friendship, of patience and of a loving hearts. Often times, there are other things that one receives from his well wishers that are far more overwhelming other than what we see inside a beautifully wrapped box.

We encounter individuals who are not physically gifted yet exude certain confidence. On the other hand, we see beautiful individuals but with very low self-esteem. In both cases, a mother plays a vital role. As mothers to our children, in our hands we should see to it that they grow beautifully in and out. We help them grow wings, teach them how to fly and prepare them enough should there be a fall. We mothers should affirm and not break the children entrusted to our care.

Being a good mom to my daughter is a work in progress. I still have episodes of sulking in negativity which I badly need to overcome. I have this philosophy - I let all these shake me now, until I shake no more and be sturdy enough to protect my beloved Christa. I need to work on my weaknesses so I'll be a good model to my daughter. I should put my daughter's concern first rather than being affected by what other people would say.These professed weaknesses do not make me love my daughter any less. The acceptance of my weakness is the first step to my healing, to my renewal. With eagerness I'll take each step - each leading me to being an ALMOST perfect mom.



One of my goals in life is to give my all where motherhood is concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment